I have never attempted to make Chimichurri Steak because, just the sound of ‘Chimichurri’ makes it sound fancy AF and I probably couldn’t make it at home. I looked up the recipe and discovered it was pretty brainless cooking. All it was was cooking a steak and making a sauce. And I have definitely done both a fair few times.
2-3 quality cut of porthouse or steak rounds
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Teaspoon Salt
3 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Handful of Parsley, Chopped
1 Handful of Corriander, Chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2-3 Tablespoons of Good Quality Olive Oil
- Coat the steaks with cayenne powder, cumin and salt and set aside.
- Mix sauce ingredients together and put in a food processor and pulse till well mixed and set aside. Adjust flavours if more seasoning or liquid (oil or vinegar) is required.
- Grill or cook steaks on pan to your preference and leave to rest for 5-10mins after cooking covered with aluminium foil.
- After rest time has passed, slice steak into thin slices and drizzle Chimichurri sauce over steak.
- Serve with a refreshing side salad. (Pictured: Kale Salad)