Pancakes are one of my top ten comfort foods when I need a pick me up. When we lived near a Maccas, I think I was basically on first name basis with the drive-thru attendant (Hi Dave! If you’re reading this).
My Brother-in-Law seemed like he needed a pick me up with all his job hunting/interviews. So after he had an interview in the city one morning, I whipped up a quick batch of pancakes with fresh strawberries, delicious Canadian Maple Syrup, homemade Cinnamon Sugar and Olive oil butter. It definitely boosted both our mood & morale.
1 Cup Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Milk
2 Tbspn Olive Oil
Olive oil for frying
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
3 TBSPN Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp Vanilla Extract or 2tsp if Essence
Any other flavourings
Makes 8 Medium sized pancakes
Strawberries, Blueberries, Maple Syrup, Cinnamon Sugar.
- In a big bowl, add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Make a well in the middle of the bowl and add wet ingredients and whisk well till mixture shows few bubbles and is aerated. This will ensure the pancake is fluffy.
- Heat a flat based non-stick pan on low to medium heat and oil pan.
- Scoop mixture onto pan and fry till it you see bubbles coming up thru the mixture then, that’s your cue to turn the pancake over. Be careful when turning over, as mixture will still be wet.
- Remember to keep the pan oiled up when frying the pancakes.
- Serve with your favourite toppings!