Olive oil for frying
1/2 cup Diced Kimchi
1/4 Kimchi juice
1/4 White Onion, finely diced
Handful Finely sliced spring onions
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Plain Flour
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
1-2 tsp Granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp Finely sliced Spring onions
1 tsp Roasted Sesame seeds
- Mix ingredients to dipping sauce and set aside for serving.
- In a large bowl, place all the pancake ingredients into the bowl except the water & flour – stir till well combined.
- Add half the water and flour amount and stir well. If the mixture is still too thick add remaining water and flour. (Note: Mixture viscosity shouldn’t be too runny but, thin enough to scoop up and pour onto pan- much like how you would cook a pancake) Add more water tablespoon at a time mixture is still too thick.
- Taste the batter to ensure enough salt seasoning (especially if you added more water than recipe requested).
- On a medium-high heated flat pan, pour good dash of olive oil and spoon 1/4cup worth of batter onto pan and cook a minimum of 3 minutes or till both sides are browned all over.
- Continue making pancakes till all the batter is finished.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce.